November 7 2016 | 03:51 PM
Date(s) - 08/11/2017
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Maurice Matta, Producer and Presenter of the Financial News on MTV
Dr. May Chidiac, Founder and President of the MCF – Media Institute
Achim Vogt, Resident Representative Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Lebanon
Patronage Note: H.E. Ghassan Hasbani, Deputy Prime Minister of Lebanon, Minister of Health
Fireside Talk – 10:00-10:30
– H.E. Miguel Angel Moratinos, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and cooperation of Spain.
Moderator: Youmna Naufal, Creator and Host of Y Chats and Former Head of English News at Future TV
“The State of the World and the Emerging Leadership Models in the Era of Post-Globalization”
– The fate of democracy in a leaderless and hyper-connected world, where the interest of communities, religions, economic entities, ethnicities have become more emphasized than the nation state.
– The effect of populism, the rise of authoritarianism, and imperial thinking in several countries.
– Which leadership model according to the many tested ones before and in the present, would be the most adequate in the future?
– Alberto Fernandez, The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. MBN President (US-Cuba)
– Nejib Friji, Director of International Peace Institute Middle East and North Africa (Tunisian)
– H.E. Marwan Muashar, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Jordan, Vice President of Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (Jordan)
– MP. Alec Shelbrooke, Member of the UK parliament (United Kingdom)
Moderator: Frederic Charillon, Professor at Sciences Po (France)
Presentation – 11:50-12:00
– Ms. Roula Moussa: Founder of Netways, Leading digital transformation firm and DiasporaID, a digital platform to engage Lebanese Diaspora in investment and development in Lebanon
“The New Face of International Business”
How must companies operate in order to adapt to the rapid growth of e-commerce? How is information technology pushing the business world forward ten times faster? How will the telecommunications sector be affected by this projected growth? How should traditional companies change in order to compete with the new high tech companies? What jobs will still be around in the years to come and which ones will disappear? Will consumers’ behaviour change according to the flow of innovative tech trends?
– Luigi Gambardella, Head of European Affairs Open Fiber, President of ChinaEU, President of EUBrasil (Italy)
– Emre Gurkan, CEO of Touch (Turkey)
– Leila Serhan, General Manager Microsoft MENA Region (Lebanon)
-Dr Fouad Zmokhol, President, Association of Lebanese Buisness People in the World – RDCL World (Lebanon)
Moderator: Toufic Gebran, Producer Media Specialist (Lebanon)
Standing Business Lunch 13:10-14:00
Fireside Talk 14:00-14:30
“Fighting Extremism in a Highly Radicalized World: Media and Terrorism”
– Ali Jaber, Group TV Director MBC, TV Show “Gharabeeb El Soud or Black Crows” (Lebanon)
Moderator: Paula Yaacoubian, TV Journalist (Lebanon)
Keynote Speech 14:30-15:00
“Campaign to Free 170 Journalists in Turkey”
Ms. Barbara Trionfi, Executive Director IPI (Austria)
“Highest Decline in World Press Freedom”
A recent report released by Freedom House has revealed that the world has reached the lowest decline in Press Freedom in 13 years with 62% of countries having regressed. This is driven by unprecedented threats to journalists and media outlets in major democracies, intensified crackdowns on independent media in authoritarian settings, and moves by the Russian and Chinese regimes to increase their influence beyond their borders. Officials in several countries in sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, and Asia extended restrictive laws to online speech, or simply shut down telecommunications services at crucial moments.
This panel will tackle the reasons behind the massive decline and will address the future consequences of such decisions by state authorities.
– Sofia Amara, Grand Reporter/Fimmaker (Morocco-France)
– Jes Aznar, Independent Photojournalist (US)
– Baker Atyani, Bureau Chief Asia for Arab News (Jordan)
– Pierre Haski, Journalist, President of Reporters Without Borders (France)
Moderator: Youmna Naufal, Creator and Host of YChats, Former Head of English News at Future TV (Lebanon)